This is my cousin, Remingtyn Jayd Bealmer, with Madison at Grandad's 90th birthday party. (Kathy--Remingtyn is Mom's sister Dianna's granddaughter, Wade's daughter). August 2nd Remingtyn was kicked in the head by a horse. She was flown to University in Columbia, unresponsive, and everyone was told things did not look good. She is 9 years old. She has a sister just 4 weeks older than Madison. The prayer chains were ignited and going in full force as word spread quickly of this tragic accident. They put breathing and stomache tubes in and made a skull flap so her brain could continue to swell without damaging it, and we were told if she made it through her surgery that would be a good sign. We kept praying. She made it through the surgery. Two days later she held up 2 fingers when asked and squeezed some hands. The next day she started communicating by shaking and nodding her head. We kept praying. The next day she started walking and talking and eating real food. There are still many concerns but the medical staff continues to be baffled by her speedy recovery. I say "speedy" but you can imagine how slowly time was passing for her parents! Over the weekend she was moved to KC where they will continue her therapy. Wade and Tyena have been an inspiration to the community as they have trusted God throughout all of this and given Him all the glory for her progress! They have been a beautiful witness to the hospital staff, who while explaining the worst-case scenarios were told by Wade and Tyena that they were a best-case scenario family and they could just tell them about those! I am so proud of them and their faith. They still need a lot of prayer as they work through this process of rehab, but I cannot express how thankful our family is for all the prayers thus far said on her behalf...and for the Master Physician's answers!
She has a caring bridge site if you would like to follow her progress. You go to the caringbridge.org and type in bealmer. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
2 comments:
Wow. Amen! Add our prayers to the list for her continued recovery.
I feel so special to get a personal note in your blog, Valerie! Thank you! Mom has been keeping me up on the situation since the day it happened. And today she sent the CaringBridge site, so I checked that out. I always thought it was so exotic of Judy to have older sisters, and Diana was something of a star in my eyes. I've been praying and will keep it up. Thanks, too, for the insight into their faith. That means a lot to me.
Post a Comment