Friday, March 7, 2014

Jaron's Letter to the Principal

My son is not enthused about school. If it does not have to do with PE, lunch, or recess, he would rather not waste any time or energy on it. I have to give him regular pep talks regarding giving his best effort, following directions, and showing his work, when it comes to school. He tries to mark out dates for concerts on the notes he brings home from the teacher, adding an arrow and a side note stating, "Nothing is Here." When playing sports he is all in. No pep talk necessary.

Sometime in the middle of fourth grade, he brought home a reading test. This test was several pages long and included multiple choice questions and short answer questions. On the back page all of the children had to write a letter to the principal. What follows is Jaron's letter.

Dear Mr. Brummit, 

I don't like homework. Somebody has got to put this homework nonsense down. That person's name is Jaron Peavler. I bet you that 99% of people don't like homework in this school. And that 1% person are the teachers. Plus I got duties to do at home like feed and water chickens, cows, dogs, and sometimes rabbits. Mr. Brummit, please let there be no homework.

Jaron

And also remember I have to let my puppy outside. 

No comments: