Sunday, March 9, 2014

Finally Five

Megan has been wishing to be five for a minimum of two years. For at least as long, she has cried on the first day of school when two of her favorite people climbed onto the big yellow bus without her. Each time this has happened, I just picked her up and let her cry on my shoulder until she was done.

I see myself most in Megan. Most people think she resembles me, but what I am talking about goes beyond that. We are both the youngest, and look up to our big brother and sister. We cheer when they do well. She loves to take her baby dolls wherever she goes. I have many pictures of myself, with baby Tish in my arms, and then Lina Angie, my Cabbage Patch doll. Megan is emotional, bossy, sassy, and is on the move at all times unless she is sleeping. She does not hesitate to speak her mind. I have to remind this child almost every day that she is not my boss and that I tell her what to do...not the other way around. Kevin and I often wonder how it happens to be that our smallest child seems to be the loudest. Shakespeare wrote, "And though she be but little, she is fierce." I plan to put that on the wall in her room.

You know how most girls go through a princess phase? Not Megan. When she puts on a tiara, she pretends that she is the queen. Five years have flown by like a summer vacation. At five, Megan loves to sing along with the current hits station, or the movie Frozen. She loves going to ballgames, playing with her baby dolls, taking selfies, and being in charge. Her favorite shows on TV are Little Bear and Doc McStuffins. I hope she loves going to big school as much as she thinks she will. Maybe that will make it a little easier on her mama when faced with sending her on that big bus each morning! Happy Birthday, Megan! I know you are ecstatic to finally be five!

1 comment:

Judy Harvey said...

I love this! She is such a bright spot in our lives.