
I am not going to lie about it. I was ready for school to start this year. I am not saying my children are being rowdy and getting on my nerves. I am not wishing for them to grow up even more quickly than the years are flying by already. I enjoy ballgames and swimming, and not having to adhere to bedtimes just like the next mom, but for me, summer is by far the most chaotic season of the year. I try to spend quality time with the family. I try to get enough hours in at work to make it worth paying
triple my normal babysitting fee. Don't forget about the garden, the sports, the canning...the three kids in the back of my Impala everywhere I go occasionally chiming in with the, "He's touching me!" woes. Summer is filled with many late nights followed by early mornings, and over time they simply wear us out!!

The part of me that wants you to believe I am an awesome mom wants to say I have been dreading this day and I hate to see them begin a new, more grown up year. But I haven't and I don't. I'm just saying I was ready for school to start. I have had the kids' bags waiting by the door, packed with bright, shiny, labeled items, for almost three weeks. I am excited about the teachers the kids will have(there will be more blogging about that), and I am glad to relax back into a predictable routine. My bulletin board, white board, and homework station are all ready to go. I am ready to deliver my sleepy toddler to and from her sitter in peace, and hear all about the wonderful things the big kids are learning when I get home. Happy, happy first day of school! :)
Don't judge me.
2 comments:
I love this! Grandma Judy was excited about school starting, too, but for different reasons. I love teaching and seeing my grandchildren at my school!
Oh, a hearty Amen. There are so many reasons to enjoy the return of school, and the routine is one of them. I put my hand to my heart every morning as I drop off the last kid and watch him walk into the school and away from me. But the empty house sure is an easy place to work!
Post a Comment