I love tradition. Simple things like carved pumpkins and cut out cookies and fireworks and Easter egg hunts. So I love that all three of my children wore the same costume for their first Halloween. It is warm and cozy and one small, fuzzy bundle of adorable. I found myself slipping back down that nostalgic slope when I heard myself telling people, "This is my last little froggie." And then I wondered if maybe there was something wrong with me. I had not yet come to any concrete decisions relative to my emotional stability when I met a coworker in the hallway going to lunch today. She told me she was going to her last parent teacher conference for her last high school senior after work. So I shared with her that I was going to be taking my last little froggie trick-or-treating this weekend. And I decided maybe I am going to be just fine.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Nostalgia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh gosh, I couldn't handle this one today! I've been wallowing in the sad part of life's changing seasons lately more than looking forward to them. Today I was literally thinking, "If someone let me stop time right now, would I do it?" I couldn't say yes when it came to Jake, because I'm so loving the growth of his vocabulary right now, and I'm looking forward to more. But with John, I'm tempted. He's ten, he's so tall, and I feel him slipping away. It's hard. I love, love, love the ending of this post though. I think I'll be okay too. :)
Post a Comment