Monday, November 2, 2009

Old Friends and New Toys

Over the weekend I got the opportunity to visit with an old friend. By old, I mean throughout the entirety of my childhood she is included in my memories. I am not trying to imply she is joining the ranks of the elderly or anything. We went outside to let the kids play in the leaves. They ran and dove into that mountain with reckless abandon. It was a beautiful day to be outside. I can still hear the laughter mixed with the occasional, "Make sure he can breathe!" when we lost sight of someone for too long. It was such a priceless intermission from the housework that consumed the majority of my weekend. My friend and I speak regularly on the phone but it was wonderful to see she and her handsome little men in person. Every time we get together I can't seem to understand why we don't find the time to visit more often. Oh, and by the way, this friend I got to see is my wedding photographer friend. And thanks to her I have an awesome new camera that I will be playing with on a regular basis. I am not sure if I am smart enough to use it properly or not, but it is so much fun to zoom in on my little subjects, and it makes all kinds of cool noises when I push buttons. Brace yourselves. You only thought I took lots of pictures before! I am just getting started.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Thanks for clarifying the "old" friend comment! Lylas. ;0)
Happy photographing!