Friday, February 6, 2009

The artist

My sister is in the process of finishing up her degree right now. She plans to teach art. My sister is going to be an art teacher when my stick figure people that I draw are crooked. We have decided my artistic abilities are poured into my scrapbooks. I vow to devote another post to my love of scrapbooking at another time. Give me pictures and paper and I can make something. Paint and pencils and brushes? Not so much. The theme of a lot of her work is relative to "a vanishing rural America." She is in her last semester now and I wanted to show you some of the hard work the college girl has been putting in. She usually takes a picture of what she wants to paint and works from that. I wanted you to see some of my favorite things Vanita has created. I am trying to get ahold of a painting before she gets terribly famous and her paintings soar out of my price range!

This is my Granny and Grandad's engagement picture. She painted it for his 90th birthday. He cried. A lot of us did.This is an actual family quilt hanging on my mom's clothesline.Old Ben's Barn - He was my Harvey grandparents' neighborShe did this one of Grampy Blaise as a gift for his family.This one was for Madison's princess birthday. She still has it hanging on the wall in her bedroom.Vanita's tribute to Whitney Garnett.
This barn is north of West's winery outside of Macon.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

She is very talented! I understand what you are saying about not having that pencil and brush artistic ability. I too share in that deficit. However, give me a camera and photoshop, and I can go to town!!! I think we all have some of that creativity in us, but some can get it out better than others.

By-the-way, I love the one of Grampy!

Valerie said...

It looks just like him, doesn't it? I cannot understand how she can get such a likeness with people's faces. It is beyond me.