Jaron has always been more calm than his sister was at his age. He has always been more bashful. He is usually easy to take places because he will stay close to Mom and Dad until he warms up a little. Sometimes warming up takes awhile. Some time back it occurred to me that he will be four years old in June and we are beyond those terrible two's and almost finished with the independent three's. I felt so blessed that for the most part it has gone smoothly. I remember more trials with Madison. We had Jaron a month after her 2nd birthday. I had to be on my toes all the time! She finger painted on the wall with Desitin. She emptied a new bottle of Sweet Pea lotion in my bed. She painted my toilet seat lid with red finger nail polish. All when she was 2. I don't remember anything like that from Jaron at that age. You may have guessed that something was bound to change. That's what happens when a mom brags. Or thinks about bragging. That's when Kevin took him to show the neighbors a new, very rare, arrowhead he had just found...and he decided to throw it out the window, breaking it in three pieces. That's when he put a rock in his ear from the playground at preschool. Which could not be removed in the ER and had to be removed by an ENT specialist (and 3 others including myself holding Jaron down). And more recently...remember the "bashful" part...he stood up after his nap at preschool, pulled down his jeans, and said, "Hey, Miss Eva, do you like my SpongeBob underwear?" I do not condone SpongeBob. We do not watch SpongeBob at home. Someone gave him these underwear. Since they are the only ones he has I guess he thinks they're pretty special. Jaron might be a late bloomer when it comes to mischief. I guess I'll try to stay on my toes a little longer! Friday, April 11, 2008
On my toes
Jaron has always been more calm than his sister was at his age. He has always been more bashful. He is usually easy to take places because he will stay close to Mom and Dad until he warms up a little. Sometimes warming up takes awhile. Some time back it occurred to me that he will be four years old in June and we are beyond those terrible two's and almost finished with the independent three's. I felt so blessed that for the most part it has gone smoothly. I remember more trials with Madison. We had Jaron a month after her 2nd birthday. I had to be on my toes all the time! She finger painted on the wall with Desitin. She emptied a new bottle of Sweet Pea lotion in my bed. She painted my toilet seat lid with red finger nail polish. All when she was 2. I don't remember anything like that from Jaron at that age. You may have guessed that something was bound to change. That's what happens when a mom brags. Or thinks about bragging. That's when Kevin took him to show the neighbors a new, very rare, arrowhead he had just found...and he decided to throw it out the window, breaking it in three pieces. That's when he put a rock in his ear from the playground at preschool. Which could not be removed in the ER and had to be removed by an ENT specialist (and 3 others including myself holding Jaron down). And more recently...remember the "bashful" part...he stood up after his nap at preschool, pulled down his jeans, and said, "Hey, Miss Eva, do you like my SpongeBob underwear?" I do not condone SpongeBob. We do not watch SpongeBob at home. Someone gave him these underwear. Since they are the only ones he has I guess he thinks they're pretty special. Jaron might be a late bloomer when it comes to mischief. I guess I'll try to stay on my toes a little longer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so funny and so true! When Elijah does something like this, it makes me so upset! But we just all have to remind ourselves that they are just kids, exploring their world. The most recent thing Elijah did was that he got a permanent marker and wrote all over his room. I was very thankful that there was none on the carpet, but it was everywhere else you could imagine...his bed, books, dresser, toys, table...everywhere. We must keep on keeping on! All their lives they are going to give us something that keeps us on our toes!
Post a Comment