Sunday, March 30, 2008

100%

What was your favorite food when you were little? Do you remember? My son is devoted 100% to chocolate. I have never seen anything like it. He is the best kid at a birthday party. You put a plate of chocolate cake and ice cream in front of him and he will not move until every drop is gone. My dad loves to give him a little chocolate and let him get wound up. After being teased that someone was going to eat his cake at Madison's party last year he took his plate and went off by himself in the yard to eat his chocolate in peace. Any guesses on the only movie he has memorized? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Words, songs, actions that accompany the songs, you name it. Do you think a 3-year-old knows what it means when he sings about Augustus Gloop being vile and infantile? Last time I cleaned under his bed there were close to 10 Hershey's kiss wrappers under there! Christmas morning he ignores his gifts until he gets what he wants from his stocking. There has been only one chocolate form he did not get excited about. I recently helped with a Relay for Life fundraiser that included Antiquity Photos for kids and as a bribe they gave the kids Tootsie Rolls when they were finished. He ate one and gave me the other to put in my purse. He said, "You can have this, Mama. I want some chocolate in my candy and some candy in my chocolate!" He thought it was fake. It is the only chocolate I have ever seen him surrender willingly. He is a boy who knows what he wants and does not accept imitations. He cracks me up. Needless to say, the Easter candy is in hiding so we can dispense it in moderation.

No comments: