Megan was my tiniest baby. She was born early and weighed almost 2 pounds less than her siblings. She started off small, but anyone who knows her well will tell you everything that matters about Megan is big. From emotions to accessories, she is a go big or go home kind of girl. When I say Megan has big emotions, I mean she feels everything deeply, and she wears her emotion all over her face. I always know how she is feeling whether she is sitting next to me on the couch or standing across the gym from me at a ballgame. She gasps. She sighs. She laughs out loud and makes indescribable sound effects for emphasis. It could be life-changing news or a pink drink from Starbucks. Her reaction will be the same. It is awesome energy to be around. Megan has a quick sense of humor (laced with sarcasm) and will remember your inside jokes forever. She makes me laugh every single day. Her giggle alone is frequent and infectious. While she can get mad and moody like all teenagers, she recovers quickly and forgives freely. Her dance moves are hard to beat and her many accessories always match her outfit. The girl always smells like coconut and vanilla, and she likes to stand up for the underdog. One of the biggest things about Megan might be her heart. She will let people know when she feels that they are not being fair to someone. She empathizes with the people around her and does not like for anyone to be upset. She has been a blessing to our family for 14 years today, and I feel thankful and privileged to be her mom. Happy Birthday, Megan Joleen! We love you BIG!
Saturday, March 4, 2023
Happy 14th to Megan!
I learned when Megan was very small that she was a person who tells it like it is. Do not ask her a question unless you really want to hear her answer. She is wonderful to take shopping if you want to know what is flattering, and what is not. Megan once told me my capri pants looked like something Adam Sandler would wear. After a lecture on cell phone limits she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know if you should be the expert on cell phone usage. You grew up in the 90's." As a toddler, she told a friend, "We are NOT going to watch Max & Ruby all day." I remember sitting in the bleachers in Columbia at the Baseball Show-Me games when she hollered at one of Jaron's teammates in the batting circle during the game. She said, "Hey! You need to hang onto the bat with both hands until you finish your swing!" She turned to see me staring at her, threw up her hands and said, "What? I just mean if he wants to hit it better." She wasn't wrong. Deep down, I sometimes know that I should be upset with some of the statements that come out of her mouth, but I find it refreshing. If you can't tell your mom the truth, who can you tell it to? Honesty wins over being phony with me. Every single time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment