I gained two beautiful nieces, inside and out. They have both added much light and love to our family. Speaking of my family, my children attended so many sporting events and practices that I don't even remember them all. Madison had basketball, softball, and track. Jaron had two basketball seasons (5th & 6th grade and junior high) and two baseball teams. Megan played big kid, coach pitch softball and a little basketball. I know our house contains more medals, trophies, ribbons, and team photos than it did in 2015.
Speaking of fourteen years, after fourteen years of working in the same job, not quite a month after moving into the new house, I attended a meeting on a random Wednesday afternoon where I learned my program and hours would be reduced by half. Most people would probably cut and run at this point (and I considered it), but the thing is, I love my job. I considered my options and looked into both full-time and part-time employment for the first time since graduating from college. I ended up substitute teaching on some of my days off until finding what my mom likes to call a "part-time full-time" job. So on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I am directing the cardiac and pulmonary rehab programs for a hospital, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am working for a title company. It's really not as random as it sounds.
Speaking of my mom, she retired. Her retirement is treating me well! I had some doctor appointments and an outpatient procedure and she was able to go with me to all of that. I call her all hours of the day now. She and Dad made several trips to the new house to help out and she was there with me on moving day. Speaking of moving day, I will definitely write more about that. It was epic.
![]() |
| First Day of School 2016 |



No comments:
Post a Comment