Jaron did not remember much about his birthday last year. He even wrote something in school about how I forgot to have a party for him or something. We did a small, family celebration but it did not register as very cool for him I guess. His birthday falls during a busy time of year, but after last year's disappointment I made the decision that I need to be more dedicated to giving him some awesome birthday memories!
I let him decide the activities and guest list. After debating between a fishing derby or a sports medley, he decided to go with sports. He asked me if he could invite his baseball team, his cousins, and his girlfriend. We had ballgame food: nachos and hot dogs. I mean, in the middle of summer none of us have had enough ballgame food, right? Of course there were cupcakes, ice cream, and Grandma Willams' punch. They played wiffle ball, basketball, kickball, and badminton, and he could not keep the smile off of his face throughout the party! With the heat, humidity, homecoming, and holiday, we were all elated that so many of the kids made it to his party. I think he will remember turning ten.
On the way home he told me his party was awesome. "The best birthday ever." SUCCESS! Won't that make for a better journal entry in fifth grade? I have always said about Jaron, from the time he was a baby, that all he needs to be happy is something to eat and something to do. It still holds true. I hope even when he is grown with responsibilities that he always takes time to have some fun on his birthday, and that he tries to spend it with his favorite people. I hope every year from now on brings him his best birthday ever! Love this kid!
I let him decide the activities and guest list. After debating between a fishing derby or a sports medley, he decided to go with sports. He asked me if he could invite his baseball team, his cousins, and his girlfriend. We had ballgame food: nachos and hot dogs. I mean, in the middle of summer none of us have had enough ballgame food, right? Of course there were cupcakes, ice cream, and Grandma Willams' punch. They played wiffle ball, basketball, kickball, and badminton, and he could not keep the smile off of his face throughout the party! With the heat, humidity, homecoming, and holiday, we were all elated that so many of the kids made it to his party. I think he will remember turning ten.
On the way home he told me his party was awesome. "The best birthday ever." SUCCESS! Won't that make for a better journal entry in fifth grade? I have always said about Jaron, from the time he was a baby, that all he needs to be happy is something to eat and something to do. It still holds true. I hope even when he is grown with responsibilities that he always takes time to have some fun on his birthday, and that he tries to spend it with his favorite people. I hope every year from now on brings him his best birthday ever! Love this kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment