Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fancy Pants

Megan is growing up so fast I cannot even tell you. Somehow, although she is the smallest person in our house, she tends to be the loudest. She chatters when she is awake. She wants to know what everything is, what you are doing with it, and why. She thrives on picking out her own outfits. Her understanding of which clothes are appropriate for the day is phenomenal. She knows to pick out a dress for special occasions, or church, and she picks out yoga pants for playing at the babysitter's. She LOVES picking out her pajamas at bedtime. I guess we tend to be fairly casual people. I wear scrubs to work, and Kevin wears carpenter jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. One evening, we were going out to eat, and Kevin was wearing some of his better jeans. Megan came out in her hot pink sweats, took one look at him, and said, "Mama, can I wear fancy pants just like Daddy?" So there you have it. In our home, jeans are fancy pants. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: