How strange to be reading some of the same books as my daughter because we both like them, and not because she needs me to read them to her! Who is this big kid props her feet up at the theater with me? Who tells her grandma to wait a minute as she descends the stairs, or who expresses her indignation as she relates a story of a friend "besmirching the name" of her little town? In addition to the Twilight series, she has read the Hunger Games trilogy, and all things Harry Potter and Laura Ingalls. Right now she is working on the Anne of Green Gables series. She is on book three. Any suggestions for some good "young adult" reading material for my ten-year-old?
Thursday, December 20, 2012
About Reading
Madison fits right into this family. She loves to read. Her teachers have been known to make her put away her books in class because they were moving on to the next subject. I have been known to take her book away on occasion because it was well past her bedtime. I struggle to find the best books for her to read. She reads at a high school level, but that does not mean that she should be reading all of the young adult content. She begged me to let her watch the Twilight movies, and I told her she must read the books first. I told her if she read them all I would take her to see the Grand Finale movie from the series, Breaking Dawn: Part 2. She did. We LOVED the movie. We agreed it was the best of the five of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I liked the Nancy Drew Mystery series. She might like those. She might also like the American Girls series. It is kind of sad that you have to choose between higher level reading and adult content!
Post a Comment