Monday, March 28, 2011

High/Low

I stole this from a movie I saw years ago. It was The Story of Us, starring Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer. At the dinner table, the family would take turns sharing the best parts of their day and the worst parts of their day. Things move so fast with jobs and kids in school that this is a good way to stop and celebrate with the kids or offer sympathy as the situation requires. I like to focus on the positive so I debated on leaving the lows out of it. I have come to appreciate this insight into the things that linger with them throughout their day spent away from me. Whether positive or negative, these memories and their reactions to them give me wonderful glimpses into their personalities. I have started a notebook.

Here are some of the highs I have heard about over the last few weeks:
Today we played soccer in PE, and I was the champion.
My tooth got wiggly.
We got to go outside for second recess.
Fishing with Dad.
Getting my hair cut.
In music, I played my recital piece for my class and I even remembered that there are two of that last note.
Going to Mizzou.
Today Mrs. Stull read a book about a teacher having a baby because that is what she is going to do. She said Stephen is hoping for a boy, but I said girl because our baby is so cute. Just look at her!
I got a homerun today.

And some lows:
Today I flushed the stool...and the water came up.
I am a little nervous about pulling my tooth.
After I climbed the tree, Tucker moved the board so I couldn't get down until I hollared for Mamaw.
Nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! It sounds like you have some future athletes there. I really like the day when there were no lows:).

Valerie said...

Madison actually says, "Nothing" for her lows most of the time.