
Over the weekend, we paid our first visit to Colton's Steakhouse. It was the first time Megan used a booster seat at a restaurant instead of a high chair. My little family of five colored with crayons as we awaited our steak, shrimp, and chicken, and I kind of felt like it was a big deal. Life with a toddler is not predictable. They do not always cooperate with the best of plans. This particular night, though, Megan sat like a big girl and behaved beautifully. I felt like I was getting the tiniest glimpse into the next phase of our lives. The phase without the diaper bags or sippy cups. I thought it would make me more sad than it did. I thought that when my last baby started to outgrow babyhood I would dwell on that fact. I did not feel that way at all. Instead, I started considering some of the fun things I want to do as a family. Rafting and boating and Chiefs football and water parks. I love rocking Megan to sleep, and right now her head fits perfectly against my shoulder. I will miss that. I'm just saying that during my little glimpse into the future, I liked what I saw.
1 comment:
I couldn't agree more! Our "baby" is three and in many ways it feels like everyday life gets a little easier. Sleeping all night is expected, not a blissful luxury. The budgeted money for diapers/pull-ups has found a new home. But most of all, we're all getting to know each other. We can sit around the table and talk about things. Crazy fun.
Post a Comment