It's the way her smile lights up the darkest night in these crazy hours that we keep.
It's the way her tiny hand grips my finger and it seems to make the whole world right.
It's the way she grabs my face with both little hands and tries to eat it in one slobbery bite.
It's the way I am the only one who can calm her when a loud noise gives her a scare.
It's the warm softness of her baby skin. It's the velvety feel of her hair.
It's the way those lashes provide an adorable frame for eyes that pierce my heart.
It's the way I can't quite seem to take a deep breath in the time that we spend apart.
It's the way she personifies love and hope and dreams in one bundle, adorned with a bow.
These are the joys of motherhood. I thank God these are things that I know.
1 comment:
I was just feeling this intense gratefulness for motherhood tonight as well. I told Jake he was just the happiest part of life. What beautiful words you've put to the emotion!
Post a Comment