Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just between us girls...

There is something about watching a big, tough man be gentle that melts a woman's heart in a way nothing else can. I was thinking about how funny it is that young men (actually men of all ages) try to show off their strength and abilities when they are trying to impress the girls. They want big muscles and big trucks and big houses and big wallets full of big bills. They want to find the biggest Indian artifact or catch the biggest fish or shoot the biggest buck or trap the biggest bobcat. They think those are the things that will impress the girl of their dreams. I really don't think we should tell them that they could make us proud with far less effort on their part. Just between us girls, I am appropriately proud of my big, strong man and all, but the most impressive sight I have seen in a long time has nothing to do with anything huge and manly. My big, tough man looks most impressive to me when he has a grip on one of his more tiny accomplishments. And all he has to do to impress her is watch her blow bubbles.

2 comments:

Serenity said...

Annnnnd, she zings me again. I loved this post from the very first sentence. I could see where it was going, and I was nodding and smiling the whole way - so anxious for the punch line. This is SO TRUE.

Tabitha said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post and LOVE the picture even more. There is something so special about a daddy and his little girl. I agree that the men in our lives are never more attractive than when they are playing, holding, loving our children.
And, on a side note... that Megan, toooo cute!