Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Proud Mama

I have been such a proud mama lately. Megan has been sleeping all night for about a month now. She goes down anywhere from 9:00-10:30pm and sleeps peacefully until somewhere between 5:00-6:00am. It has been wonderful! She is such a content little baby most of the time and I am having so much fun with her!

Jaron has been riding his bike like a professional. While he still endures the occasional crash, hills cannot slow him down anymore, and he dodges obstacles in his path like a speed racer. He loves to entertain his baby sister and has been doing his chores like a big boy. What can I say? I am a proud mama.

Madison has chores also. She has been keeping up with them like a champ. I think she is playing house. Yesterday I came home to find her cleaning above and beyond her duties. She later decided to help me fold clothes without being asked. Yep. I was thinking about how much she has grown up this summer and how proud I was of her renewed desire to help mama out around the house. She held up a pair of underwear and said, "Mom, whose are these?" After being informed that they were mine, she replied, "I actually didn't know because they are enormous!" I guess I have always been proud of her large vocabulary too.

So thank you, Madison, for the reminder to get rid of my maternity granny panties. I am 7.5 pounds lighter than when I wrote my last post. I am on my way to being healthy again. Hopefully to avoid this confusion my underwear will be much smaller very soon!

2 comments:

Felicity said...

Madison's comment made me laugh out loud at my desk! Hilarious - and a little to familiar!

Tabitha said...

I love this! We can ALWAYS count on our kids!