She is still beautiful. She is dramatic. She is independent. She is stubborn. She is full of love. She got out the sidewalk chalk a couple weeks ago. She drew a beautiful picture of our family in the sunshine with trees, flowers, and butterflies on our back steps, and she wrote on all of our stepping stones. She wrote,
"I love Mom."
"I love Dad."
"I love Jaron."
"I love Megan."
"I love my cat."
"I love God."
"I love nacher." (nature)
"Zoe is my friend."
"I love the world."
That's a lot of love. She loves earrings and animals and her bike and her family and her friends and swimming and shopping and the Wii. She has been the best big sister. She is protective and nurturing and breathtakingly gentle and sweet with Megan. Her vocabulary has always had a way of keeping me astounded and laughing on a regular basis. So what I am surprisingly saying is that I think this little girl is pretty special. Seven years ago today a mom was born. I am grateful for every memory of her and plan to cherish every new experience we share together. I make my own calendar for the house and on this month it has Madison's picture and it says, "Daughters are the flowers of life." She has been our bright and beautiful flower for seven wonderful years. Happy Birthday, Madison!
1 comment:
"Seven years ago a mom was born." I LOVE that. That's just how I feel about October 17, 1999.
Post a Comment