I remember going to my mom's to pick up the kids afterwards and proudly presenting those first two pages to her. I remember announcing, "I am a scrapbooker!" I took those pages everywhere for weeks and showed them to anyone who would look at them. I was so shocked that I had actually done something creative. I now have many albums in progress: Madison's third album, Jaron's second album, a vacation album, Kevin's hunting and fishing album, a Christmas album, a sports album. I would like to do an album for Kevin and I but have not started it yet. I don't get to do it as often as I would like but I still love it. I love getting together with friends to preserve our memories together. It is fun to catch up through visiting and collectively poring over our pictures. I also love the end result. So I would like to present to you Megan's very first scrapbook page. And the birth of my album #10. At this time I will begin her training on looking at and smiling for the camera, or maybe we can start with waking up for photo opportunities. It is a process.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Historic Presentation
I remember going to my mom's to pick up the kids afterwards and proudly presenting those first two pages to her. I remember announcing, "I am a scrapbooker!" I took those pages everywhere for weeks and showed them to anyone who would look at them. I was so shocked that I had actually done something creative. I now have many albums in progress: Madison's third album, Jaron's second album, a vacation album, Kevin's hunting and fishing album, a Christmas album, a sports album. I would like to do an album for Kevin and I but have not started it yet. I don't get to do it as often as I would like but I still love it. I love getting together with friends to preserve our memories together. It is fun to catch up through visiting and collectively poring over our pictures. I also love the end result. So I would like to present to you Megan's very first scrapbook page. And the birth of my album #10. At this time I will begin her training on looking at and smiling for the camera, or maybe we can start with waking up for photo opportunities. It is a process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it! So pretty! I have scrap book-type photo albums for the first two and haven't made one for Jake yet. He's THREE! Oh my gosh. I gotta get on that.
Pictures are so, so, so important to me. I get so obsessed with having them that I have to remind myself the important part is having lived the experience, not having a picture of it. What a wonderful way to capture them though. Thanks for sharing!
Great layout. I'm a huge scrapbooker too; I'm addicted to Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I even joined an online group for scrapbookers. It has gave me so many ideas! BTW--good to see you this weekend!
Post a Comment