Most of my life I have felt like I was on the verge of having it all together. On the verge of being organized and managing our family well. On the verge of remembering every appointment and removing all excess clutter and keeping all the outgrown clothing out of the drawers and closets. On the verge of having things painted and decorated how I would like them to be. On the verge of being ready to bring another baby home from the hospital. I guess it is possible that I am a procrastinator. I have told myself I would get everything in order after I got married or graduated from college and had all that "free time" or after the kids were out of diapers or after the holidays or after this project gets done...you get the picture. The thing is, I have never really been able to find those vast quantities of free time that I always thought adults had. What happened to that?After work there is laundry, homework, dinner, bath time, and bedtime. And we kind of like to play board games. And that is if there is nowhere to go in the evening. I am not trying to pretend I am the busiest woman ever--I realize most parents are living the exact same way. So if you understand that most of the time I feel like I am almost getting it right, you will understand how excited I get when we complete a project and I get some new shelving units and can create the appearance of complete organization. Above you will see the first one of those units that I got all filled up(notice the cake making shelf on top:). When someone looks in my new pantry closet they will see that I have it all together. In one small space of my home. That makes me really happy. They will see there is no sour kraut or any other food product in my bedroom and that makes me happy too. I also got my kitchen painted and the border put up. My new sign from my favorite store says it all. And who knows? I may be ready for Baby #3 on time after all. I'll keep you posted!
2 comments:
I like the new look of the blog and the pantry! And I love that saying about having it all. So true.
I have decided that the business and the clutter means we DO have it all. We do have a home, a husband, and children who demand more of our time than our clutter... I'm pretty sure that's having it all.
Nice pantry though!
Post a Comment