I went with Jaron's preschool on a field trip to the West Apple Orchard north of Macon. The kids learned the most adorable little poem that they performed with actions for the owners.
"Way up high in the apple tree
two red apples smiled at me
So I shook that tree as hard as I could
and down came the apples, mmm were they good!"
We enjoyed a tour of the orchard. Every child got their own bag to fill with apples they picked themselves. We topped it off with a picnic in the shade. I love celebrating the seasons with the kids and enjoying these experiences through their eyes. Their wine looked enticing also but we grownups agreed that would have to be another field trip for another day!
This is the class with their teacher Miss Amanda. She use to be the director until she chose to stay home with her baby girl last year. Soon after I pulled Jaron out of preschool, she found out they were having difficulty with their part-time staffing. She decided to come back to fill in the gap until their present teacher gets back from maternity leave in November. (Thank you for your prayers regarding Jaron's preschool after my crazy mini-meltdown blog back in August!)


Mmm...were they good!
No comments:
Post a Comment