Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Life is Short

This poem was inspired by Serenity's post, "life's too short for that"


Life is too short to miss family dinners,
or the games that make our kids feel like winners.

Life is too short to hold back kisses and hugs,
or to yell too loudly about stains on the rugs.

Life is too short to skip reading a good book,
or to say no when the kids ask to help you cook.

Life is too short to criticize and complain,
or to focus on things lost and not the things we gain.

Life is too short to neglect our lifelong friends,
or to waste time stressing about housework that never ends.

Life is too short to put our dreams on hold,
or to keep God’s love inside because sharing seems too bold.

Life is too short to share more tears than laughter,
or to lose faith in our vows, and happily ever after.

Life is too short to be cold and unforgiving,
or to forget to take a moment to appreciate living.

4 comments:

Felicity said...

I should have checked here first; I already posted a reply to this poem on Seren's blog.

I love this!

Kathy said...

Me, too! I left a comment on Serenity's blog, and I love this poem!
Kathy Marlene

Serenity said...

Yes, it's just completely lovely. I especially like the happily ever after part. I haven't written a new post lately because I enjoyed everyone's answers too much!

Cathy said...

I am so proud of my uniquely talented neice. The force is strong with this one:) Love ya kiddo!