Monday, June 23, 2008

and then we got married

We spent Saturday--and I mean ALL of Saturday--at a slow pitch softball tournament. I thought Kevin had to have a cheering section. I went prepared. I had blankets, pillows, lots of Gatorade, coloring books, reading books, a tractor, a four-wheeler, and of course the bag chairs. The kids spent all day playing hard. As always, it was fun watching the kids play with Shelby and Kynleigh. We have known their parents all our lives and use to double date with them in high school. It is amazing how their mom and I have gone from, "What are you going to wear? Are you wearing your hair up or down?" to "Surely that nacho chip wasn't on the ground too long before they ate it." I love gaining new friendships through the years, but nothing compares to spending time with friends you have known all your life. It is just so comfortable that it feels like home.

I did discover that there was one thing I was not prepared for when it came to our almost 4-year-olds. Shelby excitedly came over to report that she had kissed Jaron. We asked if this kiss was on the lips and she proudly said, "Yep." Their heads were bobbing up and down as Jaron chimed in with, "Yep. And then we got married." We got a good laugh out of those two. You never know how things might turn out. I started thinking about how young I was when I chose my husband. He bought me a Mountain Dew at our Jr. High basketball tournament when I was in eighth grade and asked me to be his girlfriend. Our first kiss was on my 14th birthday. And then we got married.

1 comment:

Felicity said...

That was a very charming post!